Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sometimes I *am* a pussy

I removed bandages from my hands to work out, today.  My gym instructors suggested that I rub powdered chalk into my wounds to dry them out for the work out.  I did and it hurt!

I couldn't get any bandages to stay on my hands following last nights pull-up wounds, so I tried this stuff called "New Skin" by band-aid.  It's a spray.  I don't like spraying my open wounds with things, but this stuff did not say anything along the lines of: "this will be mildly uncomfortable," so I thought "the hell with it, I'll just lay it on there!"  It hurt so bad.  It felt like I'd just sprayed acid on my hand and it was trying to eat through.

I was bouncing around in front of CVS like a huge baby while this shit worked its way into my blisters.  My friend Amy helplessly watched and did a sort of laugh/empathetic-cringe hybrid.  To my credit I did not cry.

This isn't a bit it is just me being me.

The cool thing about this stuff is that after it stops burning a hole in your cut, it feels great.  It forms a film over the cut itself, and smells like bubble gum.  The difficult part was spraying it on the other hand's cut now that I knew how it felt.  The other one isn't as deep, though, so it wasn't as bad. 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Matt,

    They make Nu Skin that you get to paint on like rubber cement. Or you could just use rubber cement.

    Your friend,
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. As it turns out, New Skin had 4.6% alcohol in it, and that is why it burned when I put it on. Who'd of thought!?

    ReplyDelete