Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sept. 16th

I will be appearing at Illusions Magic Bar and Lounge on Sept. 16th along with five other comedians, a feature act, and a headliner. Dave Shofer is the agent behind the clown, but he does not own the bar. He filled me in on the situation and how I may not make pay this time, since only the feature and the headliner typically make money--this fits with what I've read, as does what he said regarding it: "the fact that you're participating in a show that isn't open mic after your first show is extremely rare as it is."

He claimed that when he hires a comedian that person does an audition show before being allowed into a showroom. Again, that meshes with what I have heard.

I'm looking forward to it, but I feel like I need to improve my whole routine a bit, still. I plan to hit at least three open mics before this if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment