Friday, August 13, 2010

Set rearrangin'

I like the suggested altering of the "dreams come true" line. I feel that it would mesh with other jokes a whole lot better if it came after the facebook bit.

Mainly because then I can reference my previous jokes later in the bit. Which. for whatever reason. seems to own at comedy shows.

--------------------

Here is a good example of why I'm not good in relationships: I was recently dumped, and...

I knew we were on our way out. She started to tell me about her dreams, which is the first sign that we were running out of things to talk about.

I think the worst dream she had was one where I murdered her. Murdered her! That's ridiculous!...I asked her if she called me a pussy on facebook in the dream, because that makes it slightly more believable.

No, she hadn't. Her subconscious was telling her that I was bad for her life, though. So I thought, "Matt C. you have to do something, quick." and came up with one of the best romantic lines I could and layed it on thick:

"Baby, I have the power to make all your wildest dreams come true."

I realized, instantly, that I should have thought that one out a little bit better.

/maybe

So the next day I had a dream that she broke up with me in a Wal-Mart. The entire time she kept telling me: "this isn't a dream, this isn't a dream--I really am breaking up with you."

I'm a pretty lucid dreamer, though--I know when a dream is a dream. Certain things give it away. So I said to her: "heh, oh yeah? Then explain why I'm not wearing pants!"

/maybe

5 comments:

  1. "Turns out she was breaking up with me and I just don't see the need to wear pants in a wal-mart..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah take shots at walmart while i'm at it

    ReplyDelete
  3. easy laughs but fairly hollow yeah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or I could make fun of the customers rather than the place itself, like "And really, a tall dopey white guy with no pants isn't that alarming next to most of the mutants you can see at a Wal-Mart."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I mean its LCD material but if you need some quick chuckles to get a crowd back on your side might be good to keep on the back burner

    ReplyDelete