Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The LOL IRL

I think I could do something with how people say "lol" in phone conversations when they don't know what else to say to a person's last text, and how awkward that would be if it were used to carry on an otherwise boring or dead conversation.

Like someone tells you "my mother just died in a tragic garbage truck accident."  You wouldn't know what to say to that.  You'd say, "I'm sorry," by default, but you wouldn't really know what else to get across.  So they'd respond, "she lived a full life."  Rather than silence, you could start busting out laughing.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I think this would be a good follow up coming out of the facebook material. You have to handle it carefully though as most "MAN THE INTERNET IS CRAZY" bits usually suck shit these days. But those tend to be from 40 somethings like greg giraldo or louis CK so it's entirely possible you could handle it differently.

    ReplyDelete