Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Set for Sunday

Ok so this is a preliminary set-list for Sunday, the 29th at "Drink Till We're Funny."  It is subject to change, but I want to try AT LEAST one new joke to see how well it goes over with the crowd.  The rest of my routine will remain unchanged, save for wording, since I know it's solid.  And even though I want to use open mics to try out new material, I also want to make sure the club owner likes my bit. 

------------------

Opener: "Way more nervous" + "Similarities"

Segway to first joke: "Since I started doing stand-up" joke.  I feel like it is quick enough and decent enough to merit slipping into the routine, and it doesn't interrupt the flow of the act, since the transition to the first joke is just a question that is unrelated to the opener.  I feel like it needs to be something more innocuous and less obvious than "lick my butthole" as the punchline, though.  My routine is built around me being a bit socially awkward, so I need to run with that and establish it at the beginning.


Maybe something along the lines of, "my first reaction would not be to say: 'oh yeah? Well put me in an awkward situation where my parents walk in on me naked and masturbating.'"

I scratched the new joke, here.  Dave Shofer raised an excellent point, which I kind of mentioned in my opening paragraph: "Brad doesn't know you, yet.  You want to put on a good show for him, and make sure that he wants to invite you back."

First Segment: "Why I'm bad at relationships."  Includes: how I habitually ruined sexy moments ("one time we were making out"), how I got a late start ("Luke Skywalker")

Nothing new here.  This stuff all worked really well when I did it at Magooby's, so I'll count on it being good and use it again.  At subsequent open mics I'm going to try to swap out "burn down a Hollister" with "your sister."

Second Segment: "Facebook suggestions," "The Great Facebook Stabbing,"

-----------------

I'm going to practice this stuff and see how long it times.  I have to fill between 5-7 minutes.  I have jokes I know will work if I need to fill more time.  I think that this stuff will fill that time slot just fine, though.  Update coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment