Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Next Competition

I've been invited to compete at the Baltimore Comedy Factory's open mic competition. This is slightly more serious than Magooby's, since it is to determine future weekend show performers. The winners will get paid appearances on weekend shows.

There are more rules, as well. This is not a "bringer" show, the amount of people that show up does not determine your minutes on stage; that is capped at five minutes. Time limits are strictly enforced, and going over them results in point deduction. They recommended bringing people to vote for and cheer for you at the show, but did not require it.

Its awfully soon following the first show, but I think I'm going to sign up regardless. I need to trim down my good stuff. The show would be on Sept. 1st. As always I'm going to try to generate new material every week, but I really need to pick and choose carefully. So I'll be counting on feedback from you all to tell me when I'm not being funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment