Saturday, July 10, 2010

To Woman: I get it now

I was thinking maybe I could transition from being bad at relationships to this anecdote.  I really don't want my act to be a series of one liners that are loosely tied together by a theme.  I think one of my strengths is telling a good story, so I'd like to at least attempt to run with that and make one of my jokes a true story with one-liners laced in.

If it seems boring or whatever, please let me know.  I think more than anything I appreciate people telling me that something simply isn't funny.  It will save me a lot of embarrassment down the line when I have to stand on stage and do the jokes.  I'd ask that you try to word them in a comical way in your head before instantly assuming they aren't funny, though.

One of my favorite comedians, Mitch Fatel, has a hilarious bit that he does, but it doesn't work on paper very well.  The vast majority of his jokes are reliant on his "faux retarded" musing delivery.  Chances are if it doesn't sound funny it probably isn't, but still, give me the benefit of the doubt.

--------------------------------

[I'm going to put the story here once I get home/a chance to write it.  I have to get ready to go to work and don't have enough time to write what I wanted to.  Check back later tonight!]

No comments:

Post a Comment